Wednesday, October 30, 2013

4 Months Post Chemo - All is Well

Where are we now?

1.  Last month - I didn't post about this - but I went in for my yearly mammogram. It was my first one post diagnosis of breast cancer. Quite honestly, I was nervous about getting it done, but knew it was necessary. So, I went. A few days later, I received a pink slip in the mail. A beautiful, wonderful, pink slip with the words, "We are pleased to inform you that the results of your breast imaging procedure are normal." (BIG SIGH OF RELIEF!)

2.  Last week, I had another Doppler done to check the status of the small blood clot in my jugular vein. The technician said she still saw a small sliver, but it was not causing any problems with blood flow, and there were no new clots to be seen. (THANK YOU, LORD!)

3.  Today, I had a follow-up appointment with my Oncologist. All my bloodwork is within normal range... AND... he cleared me from taking Xarelto, the blood thinner I was taking in order to combat the blood clots. He said the sliver they are seeing looks like a shadow that is only there because there WAS a blood clot. It is not causing a blockage of any kind and is no longer of any major concern. (PRAISE GOD!)

Where do we go from here?

1.  I will continue to take Tamoxifen, the med that blocks estrogen. So far, it seems to be working well for me. I am having the expected hot flashes and other symptoms that confirm it is working. Unfortunately, one of the negative side effects is joint pain. It feels like arthritis, and is at its worst in the morning. But, after getting busy and moving around, the pain subsides. It is not bad enough for me to need any pain killers, so we will continue with the Tamoxifen. I much prefer a little joint pain over the alternative.

2.  We will keep an eye on my neck and arm for any new pain or swelling. If any occurs, I am to call my doctor's office ASAP, as this could be a sign of a clot forming again. Hopefully, that will not happen.

3.  If all goes as planned, I do not need to return for another check-up until 3 months from now. Thankfully, I'm no longer being seen on a weekly, or even a monthly, basis anymore.

All is well.





2 comments:

  1. PRAISE THE LORD!!! I'm so thankful for His healing, and will pray that the it all continues.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PRAISE THE LORD! Thank You Jesus for this news.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I would love to know your thoughts! (NOTE: There will be a delay before your comment shows up due to all comments being moderated. Advertisements or spam will not be approved for publication.)